The world's getting hotter, the sea's rising and there's increasing evidence neither are naturally occurring phenomena.
So says a report from the U.N. International Panel on Climate Change, a document released every six years that is considered the benchmark on the topic. More than 800 authors and 50 editors from dozens of countries took part in its creation.
- Man-made climate change is almost certain
- Climate change is already affecting extreme weather
- The last 30-year period is "very likely" the warmest in the last 800 years
- Sea level rise will increase due to warming oceans and loss of ice
- Even if we end emission tomorrow, climate change could continue for centuries